OOW240 General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG)
The Current Issue US Military General Purpose Machine Gun, The 240, Is A Belt-Fed, Air-Cooled, Crew Served Machine Gun System Capable Of Sustained And Accurate Suppressive Fire That’s Far More Reliable Than Its Predecessor, The M60.
The United States Armed Forces have been using variants of the 240 since the mid-1980s. It was first used in a vehicle/coaxial role, but was so popular it was quickly adopted by the infantries of both the United States Marines and the United States Army during the 1990’s.
The OOW240 has proven to be more durable in tests and in the field than the M60. It fires the NATO 7.62mm round with the standardization offering unique benefits in terms of training, logistics and joint operations.
Improvements in the OOW barrel manufacturing process have increased the life of the OOW240 barrel to over 20,000 rounds.
Providing a competitive and superior quality alternative, Ohio Ordnance Works, Inc. (OOW), offers a complete OOW240 general purpose machine gun package. Operator and armorer training as well as all special tools, barrels, parts, accessories, depot level repairs and rebuilds are available with the OOW240 gun systems.
- Caliber – 7.62 x 51mm NATO
- Finish – Phosphate
- Operation – Gas-operated, open bolt
- Feed – M13 linked belt (Left or Right with change of Top Cover and Feed Tray)
- Weight Empty – 27.6 pounds (B model) (12.52 kg)
- Length Overall – 49 inches (124.46 cm)
- Barrel Length – 24.8 inches (63 cm)
- Rate of Fire – 650–950 rounds per minute
- Maximum Range – 3,725 meters
- Effective Range (Bipod) – 800 meters
- Effective Range (Tripod) – 1,100 meters
- Muzzle Velocity – 2,800 ft/s (853 m/s)
North East Technologies (NET) Ltd.
Gamla House, Building A, Ra'anana, 4350108 Israel
Tel. 972-9-748-9038 Fax: 09-7489-066